Cookies are small files downloaded on the internet access user’s device when accessing a web page and that allow the identification of that access device, as well as the pages and elements accessed, in order to allow a better navigation experience.
Cookies can record navigation information on the pages of the site. The user may manage his or her cookie settings according to his or her preference, and may accept, reject or delete them.
Cookies used on the website do not collect any personal information to identify the user, but only store generic information, such as the way or place/country of access of the user and the way he/she uses the website.
Smartex uses on the website:
- Analytical cookies: These cookies are used to analyze how the user uses the website, generating statistical analytical data such as accounting visits, views or website performance analysis. Thus, Smartex can provide a high quality experience by personalizing its offer and quickly identifying and correcting any problems that arise;
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Some cookies that are strictly necessary to access specific areas of the website, allowing navigation on it, such as access to secure areas of the website, through login;
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies allow you to remember the user’s preferences regarding browsing the website, so that it is not necessary to reconfigure the website each time you visit it;
Regarding their validity, cookies can be:
- Permanent Cookies: These are cookies that are stored on access devices (computer, mobile phone, smartphone or tablet), at the level of the internet browser (browser), and are used whenever the user visits the website again, contributing to the provision of a more personalized service.
- Session Cookies: These cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted when the user closes their browser (browser). The information obtained allows to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
Smartex never sell the information collected through cookies, nor do we make it available to third parties.
On the website, services from external suppliers (such as official YouTube videos or plug-ins and other website controllers and tools) can be used, which can collect information from the user about the navigation performed on the web pages. When visiting publications with content such as those mentioned above, cookies from these websites may be created. Smartex has no control over the dissemination of these cookies.
The user will be able to block or remove all cookies, as well as proceed with their personalized management, through the Settings menu of their browser.
2. Cookies management
The user may disable part or all of the cookies at any time. All internet browsers (browsers) allow the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, by managing the settings in the respective browser.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
Internet Explorer Cookie Settings – Disable cookies
- Click on the “Tools” menu and choose the “Internet Options” option;
- Select the “Privacy” tab;
- Move the bar to the top, where “Block all cookies” will appear.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Internet Explorer. For more information on Internet Explorer cookie settings, the user should consult the following Microsoft page:
Chrome Cookie Settings – Disable cookies
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
- Select the option “Block websites from defining data”.
The user can change the following cookie settings in the “Cookies” section:
- Delete cookies
- Block cookies by definition
- Allow cookies by definition
- Maintain cookies and website data by default until you exit the internet browser (browser)
- Create exceptions for cookies from specific websites or domains
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Google Chrome. For more information on cookie settings in Google Chrome, the user should consult:
Mozilla Firefox Cookie Settings – Disable cookies
- Click on the “Tools” menu;
- Select “Options”;
- Click on the “Privacy” icon, found on the top panel;
- In the “Cookies” section, disable the “Accept cookies from websites” option;
- Click “OK” to save changes and close.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Mozilla Firefox. For more information about cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox, the user should consult:
Safari Web and iOS Cookie Settings – Disable cookies
- Click on “Edit”;
- Select “Preferences”;
- In the top panel, select the “Privacy” icon;
- In the “Accept Cookies” section, select “Never”.
Note: There are several levels of enabling and disabling cookies in Safari. For more information about cookie settings in Safari, the user should consult:
Other Internet browsers:
Please look in the “help” menu of the internet browser (browser).
Note: When disabling cookies, the website may not function properly.